About Carers NI
They’re here to make sure that no matter how complicated your query or your experience, you don’t have to care alone.
Telephone: 020 7378 4999
We're here to make life better for carers
Working as part of Carers UK:
- we give expert advice, information and support
- we connect carers so no-one has to care alone
- we campaign together for lasting change
- we innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers
- We operate an advice and information service for carers and professionals, dealing with a range of issues such as carers' benefits, community care and services for carers
- We provide a wide range of leaflets and booklets and a regular newsletter for carers, members and professionals
- We offer carers the chance to meet with other carers through our network of local groups, to share experiences and reduce the feeling of isolation.
- We help new and existing carers' groups
- We raise awareness of the role of carers and inform Government and policy makers of their needs
- We help carers make their own voices heard where it counts
Are You a Carer? If you are please let us know via the online form below - we may be able to help you.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Caring for a parent
Watch this video on: caring for a parent at home
- Telling people
Caring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you're a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a break
Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it's essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carers
Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers
Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care for
Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Death and benefits
How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Managing someone's legal affairs
Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after
- Other benefits
Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
- Personal and household finance
Advice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers
- Social fund
- Tax credits
Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible